- Did any of our readers happen to catch this talk at USC? No Need to Bleed: How Menstrual Suppression Redefined Menstruation
- A blog essay we recently cross-posted with Ms. magazine’s blog about why it’s valuable to use the word menstruator instead of women was picked up by Lingua Franca, the language blog at the Chronicle of Higher Education — where the majority of commenters immediately took the term out of context and either mocked it or took offense.
- Our friend Holly Grigg-Spall just published this interview with our own Kati Bicknell about her fabulous cycle-tracking app, Kindara.
- High school student Kira Gabriel was inspired by a Tampax ad in a recent issue of Seventeen magazine to write this opinion piece in her school newspaper about menstrual stigma and why it must end.
- Sorry, Jezebel and Shine, but it’s not anti-feminist or anti-woman to blame tampons for clogging up the pipes and septic systems. (Note also that blaming tampons is not the same as blaming menstruation.) Tampons do not disintegrate or decompose when flushed, they expand. Their purpose is to absorb liquid. Don’t flush them.