- At right: In episode #3 of Pubertina, our titular heroine dreams of the day when she can swap bulky pads for the ultimate symbol of maturity and womanhood: Tampons.
- When menopause and menarche occupy the same household.
- Crankytown, the interactive website about periods featuring videos, stories and poems from celebs like Feist, Emma Thompson, and Jessica Paré, is launching a film festival—Crankyfest—that will focus on short films about periods. They’re accepting submissions.
- Planned Parenthood of Arizona debunks six myths about HPV.
- There are lots of ways to re-use and re-purpose, and reduce waste, including, according to a recent piece in The Guardian, birth control pills to develop foliage in plants.
- In the not-too-distant future, Pap tests may be able to detect ovarian cancer as well as cervical cancer.
- There’s still time to submit a paper or proposal to the 2013 conference of the Society for Menstrual Cycle Research — the deadline has been extended to January 18! Come to New York, join the conversation about all of the ways #MenstruationMatters. Meet all of the re:Cycling bloggers!
Leave a Reply
Readers should note that statements published in re: Cycling are those of individual authors and do not necessarily reflect the positions of the Society as a whole.