A team of Australian filmmakers are working on a promising-looking comedy film, Bloomers, described as ”Todd Solondz meets Freaks and Geeks meets menstrual blood”. Visit their Pozible site if you’d like to support the project.
- Some simple tips for enjoying sex during pregnancy.
- The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) now recommends that birth control pills should be available over-the-counter, without a prescription.
- A new study published this week in the New England Journal of Medicine suggests that despite substantial increases in the number of cases of early-stage breast cancer detected, as many as a third of cancers found through routine mammograms may not be life threatening. Expect to see renewed debate about whether or not women need annual mammograms.
- “You shouldn’t have to lie to your doctor to get unbiased medical care, and going to the gynecologist shouldn’t feel like a bartering session for your dignity and for an honest assessment of your sexual health.” From yet another article about shaming experiences at the gynecologist’s office, this time by Kate Conway at xoJane.
- Vitamin A is necessary for good bone health, but if you are past menopause, you should be cautious about consuming too much “preformed” Vitamin A.
Readers should note that statements published in re: Cycling are those of individual authors and do not necessarily reflect the positions of the Society as a whole.