When Marilyn Monroe had her appendix removed 28 April 1952, she was quite nervous. She was so worried that her surgeon would remove her ovaries while he was operating that after she was sedated and the doctors pulled back her gown, they found this note taped to her stomach.
- Bitch Media‘s current Ecofeminism series features a post about alternative menstrual products.
- Evil Slutopia takes a closer look at a recent feature in Cosmopolitan, “The Crazy Thing My Gyno Said to Me”. Cosmo played it for laughs, but the Evil Sluts explain why it’s not funny, and offer the sound advice that Cosmo’s editors should have provided.
- Young people are comfortable seeking (and sharing) medical information on social media, but not when it comes from insurers and drug companies.
- Thought Catalog offers advice to men on how to treat menstruating women: 7 Things A Good Boyfriend Needs To Know About The Menstrual Cycle. We invite re:Cycling readers to join the debate in the comments section about whether it’s awesome or condescending and presumptuous.
- Want people to think you’re a totally badass and vaguely dangerous woman? Stop shaving your armpits.