- Sociologists for Women in Society has just published The Menstrual Cycle: A Feminist Lifespan Perspective [pdf] (by the Society for Menstrual Cycle Research) — a comprehensive and handy summary and reference list for anyone just getting started in menstrual cycle research.
- Should nuns take birth control? Two Australian doctors are urging the Catholic church to let nuns take oral contraceptive pills to lower their risks of cancer.
- Increasing reports of side effects from the HPV vaccine have finally earned a name: Post-Gardasil Syndrome.
- Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say that pelvic exams are performed far more frequently than they are needed.
- xojane asked readers for “gross stories about tampons” and has amassed quite a diverse collection.
- “Mistakes were made”. CVS apologizes for an incident in a Houston store in which a pharmacist refused to allow a male customer to buy the morning-after pill.
- The FDA is proposing new guidelines to improve the representation of women in clinical trials of medical devices. The FDA is seeking input on this draft guidance during a 90 day public comment period.