It’s Halloween weekend!
- Our Bodies, Ourselves is collecting personal stories about women’s relationships with the text for their 40th anniversary edition, due next year.
- The yoga pose known as the lotus can help ease menstrual cramps.
- Alarm about how use of estrogen creams are affecting those who come into contact with women who use the stuff: pets apparently lick the cream off the users hands and develop symptoms that resemble heat: swollen genitals, bloody discharge and behavioral problems. Male animals may develop swollen breast tissue and hair loss.
- USA Today reports on a study that supposedly confirms “menstruation affects women’s emotions”, but with no information about the size of the study. (Stay away from the comments section, unless you’ve got an awful lot of Sanity Watchers points to spare.)
- Speaking of comment sections, have you seen this cartoon depicting how internet discussions of gender issues tend to go?