In case you missed these stories of the week:
- At Scarleteen, Emira Mears dismisses eight myths about cloth menstrual pads.
- Excellent essay by Holly Grigg-Spall about the Pill and medicalization of women’s bodies. When is someone gonna give that woman a book contract?
- Bayer has raised the price of their Mirena IUD. Perhaps because it’s now been approved as a treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding?
- Virginia at Beauty Schooled deftly explains why, contrary to the New York Times‘ proclamation, “Two hairy quasi-celebrities does not a trend make.”
- And you’ve already seen a tsunami of articles about how the ladies are responsible for natural disasters, am I right? If it’s not immodestly dressed young women, it’s Mother Nature’s menopause. Reactions have morphed into a cleavage show on Facebook, but I’ll let my favorite spinster aunt have the last word on “Boobquake”.